Thread: Imac osx 10.8.4. shut down problem sytem caused bij Viivo

Imac osx 10.8.4. shut down problem sytem caused bij Viivo

I'am using dropbox for file interchange between a windows pc and an Imac. For more security i installed viivo. File sync goes well.
    Shutting down the imac gives a problem because the viivo proces (not syncing) stops the shut down process.

Viivo Staff
    Hey Benn,

Viivo stopping the iMac from shutting down is definitely not good. Sorry for the inconvenience. Does this happen every time you shut down? If you don't mind, could you zip your Viivo.log file on the iMac and post it here or send it to support@viivo.com. We can take a look and see if we can determine what is happening.

The Viivo.log file is in the "~/Library/Application Support/VIIVO/" folder.

Thanks
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by benn View Post
    I'am using dropbox for file interchange between a windows pc and an Imac. For more security i installed viivo. File sync goes well.
    Shutting down the imac gives a problem because the viivo proces (not syncing) stops the shut down process.
    I have the same issue

New User
    Exactly the same issue - stopping Mac Pro from shutting down. Using 10.8.5

Same problem using 10.8.5. Happens every shutdown on mac pro. I'll be happy to post the log files in a shared viivi folder if you send me a link.

Exactly the same issue.
    Using 10.8.5 and viivo 2.5.30.

Any help?

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by puOkm6soRZ View Post
    Exactly the same issue.
    Using 10.8.5 and viivo 2.5.30.

Any help?
    Could you open the Viivo Manager and go to the Info tab and submit your logs? I believe the shutdown issue had been resolved some time ago, and I see you are having the problem with a new version, so it would be good to see an updated log with the issue occurring.

Thanks

Hi,
    I experience the same problem. If I close Viivo before shutting down or restarting, everything is fine, but if Viivo is running, the Mac hangs.
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
    Viivo 3.0.95
    I do not see any "Info tab" in the Viivo Manager, so I cannot get the logs from there.
    I also looked in the viivo directory and I cannot find any logs there.
    Where would these log files be located? I looked in my $HOME directory, in $HOME/Library, in /var/log, in $HOME/Applications/Viivo.app/.

Viivo Support
    @ericneo,

To send your log files in version 3.x:

1. Open Viivo Manger
    2. Shift + Double-Click on Settings
    3. In the Pop-up Window, click on the "Send Log Files" button