Thread: sync status disabled

sync status disabled

Hi,

I just realized that after I came back from "sleep" mode on my computer (well technically I hibernated) that viivo stopped syncing. The sync status said "Disabled". It would say scanning for a few seconds and then say "disabled". and then files were not syncing. I closed down the viivo app (right-click in systray) and restarted viivo and it went back to normal.

I'm using Win7 Pro fully up to date.

Haven't tested this on the Mac yet. Nor have I had a chance to see if it happens again. But while it's uploading my updates, I figured I'd make this post.

Max

Quick update. I have sleeped my computer (not hibernated) a few times and it hasn't repeated it yet. So maybe it was a one-time fluke. I'll reply back if it happens again...

Viivo Staff
    Thanks for letting us know. We will keep our eyes out for issues. With sleep mode/hibernate. If it continues to happen look in your %APPDATA%\Viivo folder and send your "Viivo.log" (zipped) to support@viivo.com.

There are FAQs here to help show you how to get the logs.

Well, I've put the computer to sleep and hibernated once or twice since, and the problem didn't happen again. I'm going to say it was a fluke...

I know this thread is ancient, but I have experienced a similar problem both on my PC and on my Surface. Both run Windows 10 Pro. After sleeping, Viivo does not sync any more. The locker status remains "Watching" even if files are changed or added. Restarting Viivo (or the computer) fixed the issue.

It is not happening every time the computer goes to sleep, but usually eventually after a while.