Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any way to decrease CPU usage?

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMelVis View Post
    Jack/Viivo Team,

When do you expect 3.0 production version will be released? Do you expect to have any more 2.x releases before 3.0?

Meanwhile, I know you are busy with 3.0, but can you elaborate a little on your statement "for the most part the spike in processor is all dependent on how you structure your data"? Are we talking of the structure of the Viivo folder(s) or the Dropbox folder(s) or both? How should these be structured to minimize the spike? 'Cuz the spike sure still shows up in my installation of 2.6.17 as you can clearly see from the link I attached in my previous message.

Thanks again for your help.
    We don't have any plans on making releases for 2.6.X as we are focused on 3.0 and some other Viivo related goodies. The 3.0 beta is going well and we are hoping to GA very soon. As for optimal setup in 2.6.17, I think the "best" setup to avoid the spiking is to setup a cloud as "other". Other does NOT allow for sharing, but the scanner should't run then.

Try it out, but I would suggest creating 2 new empty folders and then copying your plain text files in to the new Viivo folder and letting it sync out fresh to the new Viivo Encrypted folder. It can be in Dropbox, but just trick Viivo and select a different Parent in Dropbox.

So:
    C:\user\jack\Dropbox\Viivo-Encrypted\ -> standard "Dropbox" configuration with Viivo.
    C:\user\jack\Viivo

Create a new folders in your
    C:\user\jack\ViivoHack
    C:\user\jack\Dropbox\hack\

Then in the Viivo Manager select "Other" in the clouds tab. Select the "cloud folder" as ->C:\user\jack\Dropbox\hack\ and the Local folder as "C:\user\jack\hack". We will put a Viivo and Viivo-Encrypted folder inside these folders. The start adding your files to "C:\user\jack\Dropbox\hack\viivo".

This setup will run without any scanners (im pretty sure), so once everyything is encrypted, you should have no spiking

Kinda sorry to necro this thread as my first forum action, but I have a similar question. I run the latest Viivo version 3.0.102.
    It runs fine on my desktop and my notebook. However it permanently uses CPU about 3%.
    I think this is curious as on my other machines it will not use CPU if not actually scanning.
    Has anyone of you guys a idea how to fix this (I tried reinstallation allready).

Best regards

phila

P.S.: I do not have to many files about 8300 in about 800 Folders.
    Last edited by phila_delphia; 10-17-2016 at 06:58 AM.

Viivo Support
    @phila_delphia,

We would like to review the log files from the machine in question.

To send your log files:

- Open the Viivo Manager
    - Hold down the SHIFT key, and double-click on Settings in the lower-left
    - This will bring up a window that contains a "Send Log Files" button

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.Nagel View Post
    @phila_delphia,

We would like to review the log files from the machine in question.

To send your log files:

- Open the Viivo Manager
    - Hold down the SHIFT key, and double-click on Settings in the lower-left
    - This will bring up a window that contains a "Send Log Files" button
    Dear Joe!

Thx! I`ll try to send them. Yet - due to the issue I hat to reinstall Viivo from scratch and the crazy thing is: TA DA DA DAAA!

Not only are there no problems with the encryption anymore - the constant CPU usage is also gone...

So I hope the old logs are still there.

I wonder what that was all about, as the last time I had to install Viivo there was no error or something!?

An interference with the latest Win10 build?!?

Hope you recieved the logs...

Thx for your rapid answer.

Best regards

phila

P.S.: Can I buy you guys a beer?! I use your software privat and I do not like subscriptions but I`like to give you something in return.

Viivo Support
    @phila_delphia,

Glad to hear VIIVO is now wokring on your system!

I have a issue on Viivo. I have two machines runs the latest Viivo version 3.0.102.
    The two machines have a constant CPU usage between 10%-30%, when the server status is "Online" and the Locker Status is "Watching"
    The Os is Windows 10. Previously before last update Win10, Viivo works ok.
    I have one Locker with 5442 files on 790 folders.
    I've sent the logs, and i hope you recieved it.

Best regards

Viivo Support
    @carl02,

Looking at your logs, we see files with extremely long path-names in your Drop-Box folders, which appear to begin showing up on 1/13/2017. VIIVO can handle file/path-names up to 250 characters, but these were well over 260. By chance, was any file maintenance performed at around that time (moving files, create new folders/sub-folders, etc.)?