Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There are no applications installed for this file type

There are no applications installed for this file type

Hi,

I'm running Viivo for Android free v 2.4.12 on a Samsung s4 stock Android 4.4.2. And I'm using Dropbox to store my files.

When opening a Viivo encrypted pdf file, using the Dropbox interface (which launches Viivo), I get options as to which reader I want to use. No problems.

However if I try the same process with an epub file, I get a message once Viivo has decrypted the file: "There are no applications installed for this file type".

However I have 2 applications for epub reading, and can open and read unencrypted epubs right out of from dropbox with either one of those apps. I have also experimented with setting each of my apps (FBReader and Aldiko) as the default app and tried again, but in each attempt, Viivo reports the same message.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

JamieT

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieT View Post
    Hi,

I'm running Viivo for Android free v 2.4.12 on a Samsung s4 stock Android 4.4.2. And I'm using Dropbox to store my files.

When opening a Viivo encrypted pdf file, using the Dropbox interface (which launches Viivo), I get options as to which reader I want to use. No problems.

However if I try the same process with an epub file, I get a message once Viivo has decrypted the file: "There are no applications installed for this file type".

However I have 2 applications for epub reading, and can open and read unencrypted epubs right out of from dropbox with either one of those apps. I have also experimented with setting each of my apps (FBReader and Aldiko) as the default app and tried again, but in each attempt, Viivo reports the same message.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

JamieT
    Very Interesting. I have been able to reproduce this issue on my test devices as well. Very odd because Viivo just asks the OS which apps can handle a file extension when displaying which apps you can open a file with after decryption. I am going to get the engineering team to investigate.

Thanks for the feedback. I will update you when we know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Very Interesting. I have been able to reproduce this issue on my test devices as well. Very odd because Viivo just asks the OS which apps can handle a file extension when displaying which apps you can open a file with after decryption. I am going to get the engineering team to investigate.

Thanks for the feedback. I will update you when we know more.
    Thanks!

Let me know if i can test further.

Jamie

Viivo Staff
    Thanks!

Let me know if i can test further.

Jamie
    It looks like epub does not map to a known mimetype on Android. Our engineers have identified what we need to do and we will have it fixed in our next build.

Great!

Is there a timeline on when builds are released?

I have also tested .cbr and .cbz files (opened by an app called "Perfectviewer" fine from Dropbox when unencrypted). These file types also display the same behaviour when opened from viivo on the same platform as described above.

Jamie

I have the exact same problem with many different filetypes. Any news when this will be fixed?

Cheers

Great!

Is there a timeline on when builds are released?

I have also tested .cbr and .cbz files (opened by an app called "Perfectviewer" fine from Dropbox when unencrypted). These file types also display the same behaviour when opened from viivo on the same platform as described above.

Jamie

Viivo Staff
    Mossmann, What types of files do you have this problem with? Can you provide a list? Thanks

Thanks for the patience guys. We have .epub, .cbr and .cbz fixed and in QA. Should be published to the Play store soon.
    --
    Matt

Fantastic! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Thanks for the patience guys. We have .epub, .cbr and .cbz fixed and in QA. Should be published to the Play store soon.

Viivo Staff
    Sorry for the delay, but these files should now work with the newest release:
    https://forums.viivo.com/showthread....Android-2-5-36