Thread: "Can't Preview File" on iOS devices; Viivo works fine on Windows desktop

"Can't Preview File" on iOS devices; Viivo works fine on Windows desktop

For some time I have been using Viivo to safely store hundreds of files in Dropbox. I encrypt them on a Windows desktop and have been accessing them during the day on an iPad using the iOS app. There used to be an occasional "mis-fire" where a file wouldn't display, but when closed and reopened all would be good. Now a majority of my stored files no longer display just get a "Can't Preview File . . . try again later" dialogue box. On the Windows desktop all the encrypted files display properly and can be decrypted without problem. I can't figure out what's wrong, why it's only affecting some files and not others, or how to fix it. There have been several app updates and iOS updates (I'm now on iOS 7.1.1) and I don't know when things stopped working. I'm also surprised that other users don't seem to be reporting this.

Any ideas?

Viivo Staff
    Is it all files or just some? Also, what type of files are they? If you uninstall the app and reinstall, does the problem occur still?

Viivo Staff
    After reviewing your issue with the engineering team, we discovered that this was an issue in the 2.4.4 version of the application. A fix for this issue is in the 2.4.7 version of the app which we released today. Look for an update to the Viivo App in the next few hours, and I believe this issue should be fixed. If not, please let me know as it’s different than the issue we knew about.

Thanks

Jack -- thank you for the amazingly quick reply. I downloaded the updated app today and just as you say, the problem has been fixed! Great customer service. Thank you!