Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supported device and cloud platforms

Supported device and cloud platforms

VIIVO 2.X and 3.X are supported on -/-
    • Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 and 8.1 (32/64) bit, and Windows 10 (32/64)
    • Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

VIIVO 2.1 was the last supported version on:
    • Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
    • Microsoft Windows XP (32/64bit)

Download here: http://pkware.cachefly.net/products/...-2.1.38-en.exe

Viivo for iOS and Viivo for Android are supported on the following platforms:
    • iOS 6.0 and later
    • Android 4.0 and later
    Last edited by Michael; 11-02-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Dave, that's the tough part about creating a brand new product on so many platforms. We had to cut off Windows support somewhere and XP has already passed it's 10th birthday. We know there are still a lot of XP users out there but we've found that most of the people embracing cloud storage are on newer OS and device platforms.

That said, there is a small amount of development work being done to detect XP and if found, use your default browser rather than the Viivo embedded browser (which uses whichever version of IE is installed) to do the Authentication to Dropbox.

I'll check on that for you today and post back.

@David20

Here are some clarifications:

The first user I'd had using windows XP had tried changing where the dropbox folder was from the defaults and may have screwed something up
    Changing the Dropbox location away from the default should not cause any issues. Verify that in the Viivo Manager the location of the "Dropbox Folder" corresponds correctly with the Dropbox folder in the Dropbox "Preferences...\Advanced" tab.

synchronisation is working between viivo and dropbox for his own files but when I tried to invite him to access a folder I was sharing I never received the notification from him which gives me the option of allowing or denying him access.

Can you verify on his account where the share folder is located in his Dropbox account? If he looks on Dropbox.com the share folder should contain a .viivo folder and either be in the root of Dropbox or in the "Viivo_Managed_Content\viivo_encrypted" folder. Also check in his "Shares" tab in the Viivo Manager. Does the share show up in his list? If it does, what does his status say? (Allowed, Denied, Pending...) Please let me know the results.

One thing I have noticed though when colleagues have been installing viivo on multiple windows7, windows vista and windows XP is that often the viivo manager doesn't have the start Viivo on Startup, Remember my Master Password and Enable Explorer right-click options ticked - but when I installed it on my Windows 7 64 bit system and just installed it on a Windows XP system these were ticked.

During Account Creation, or logging in for the first time, Viivo was closed. If the first run is interrupted, it does not set the default values (checked) in the Viivo Manager. It may also set Viivo Sync to being "paused." Make sure that your colleagues "Start Syncing." If they don't, me-to-me sync and share initialization will not work even though Dropbox may still be syncing.
    Alex Robertson
    Software Engineer

PKWARE, Inc.
    www.PKWARE.com

Dave,

Dropbox > Preferences are access through the Dropbox Client. Right-Click the Dropbox icon in the System Tray, click "Preferences..." > Advanced Tab > Dropbox Folder Location. (for any OS)

If those don't match, it may be part of the problem.

I understand looking at the "Pause Syncing" button for the "am I syncing" answer. Make sure the "sync status" (bottom right corner of the Viivo Manager) doesn't say "paused" or "unknown".

If you confirm those things are valid, and it is still not working, can you reply back and attach your colleague's log files. (Viivo Manager > Info Tab > View Log File... > Zip Up Logs ) This places the logs as a zip on the Desktop in this format: viivo-version-logs.zip

With this information we may be able to help you further.

Thanks!
    Alex Robertson
    Software Engineer

PKWARE, Inc.
    www.PKWARE.com

I keep getting the message "You have not been granted access to decrypt this folder" when I click on the folder in my iPad VIIVO app. How do I grant access?

Also I see my entire Dropbox file structure even though the others aren't encrypted. Is that ho it's supposed to be?

I have been able to open PDF files that are just in the Dropbox folder.

drochee - Viivo can browse the unencrypted portions of your Dropbox as well. It was important to us that you not have to switch apps to view both sets of data. As for the "You have not been granted access..." messages. The first time Viivo for iOS and Android crawl your DB folder structure they have to inspect each folder looking for .viivo files to determine access. Unfortunately, this has been taking a long time. The process is greatly sped up if your iPhone/iPad is on WiFi but sometimes you have to wait several minutes (without changing apps) in order for it to complete its scan. After this process completes once, access is much faster.

We're working on improvements in this area.

Need improvement on iPad

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    drochee - Viivo can browse the unencrypted portions of your Dropbox as well. It was important to us that you not have to switch apps to view both sets of data. As for the "You have not been granted access..." messages. The first time Viivo for iOS and Android crawl your DB folder structure they have to inspect each folder looking for .viivo files to determine access. Unfortunately, this has been taking a long time. The process is greatly sped up if your iPhone/iPad is on WiFi but sometimes you have to wait several minutes (without changing apps) in order for it to complete its scan. After this process completes once, access is much faster.

We're working on improvements in this area.
    Matt, I've been connected to wi-fi all this time, and I've had the app open. But nothing has changed. I still can't get access to the folders, although there are two individual files which I can open. To tell you the truth, I like what your app does on my macs, but I would not be able to use VIIVO if I could not get access to my encrypted files on my iPad. Hopefully you will have an elegant solution soon.

Is support for Linux currently being worked on? I have previously been running SecretSync on Windows XP and Ubuntu. Following windows updates on my XP machines SecretSync has stopped working, so I was looking to change over to Viivo.

Viivo Support
    @jumbly. Unfortunately, a client is not being worked on for Linux. I will pass along your interest in a Linux client to them.

Thanks Michael. I now have Viivo working well on my two XP machines at work so it would really be great to be able to access the data securely from my Ubuntu machine at home.