Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supported device and cloud platforms

Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Support View Post
    @jumbly. Unfortunately, a client is not being worked on for Linux. I will pass along your interest in a Linux client to them.
    Please add my voice to the call for a Linux client; I can't believe you haven't reveied a deluge of such requests! Viivo works very well with my Windows 7- and Android-based devices; I would dearly love to be able to add my Linux computers to that set of success stories.

I have an The first edition of the IPad which is only updated to IOS 5. I was told not to update to IOS 6 because is is not compatible. I was unaware until after installation that Viivo is only compatible with 6. Is this correct? Is there an alternative? I would like to be able to work with my files using Docs To Go.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Viivo is supported on -/-
    • Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64-bit) and Windows 8 (32/64) bit
    • Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
    • iOS 6.0 and later
    • Android 4.0 and later

Viivo should work, but is not tested on -/-
    • Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
    • Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
    • Android 2.3.3 and later

Viivo has known issues with -/-
    • Windows XP (32/64-bit): the embedded browser required for DB authorization does not work consistently.
    • Windows (all versions) Non-US-English localized installations

Viivo is supported on Dropbox only at this time. Support for additional cloud providers is an active discussion within the group and we are working on prototypes while continuing to enhance the Dropbox product.

Amazon EC2 and Rackspace definitely does not support multicast. Gogrid on the other hand does support multicast. The reason being that all the instances are on the same internal network on EC2. i.e nodes from different accounts can ping/access each other. While Gogrid provides private networks for each account.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    @jumbly. Unfortunately, a client is not being worked on for Linux. I will pass along your interest in a Linux client to them.
    We would also be interested in a Linux client (Ubuntu) since we run Dropbox on several Linux machines. Viivo + Linux would be a good combination for security.

Thanks for the feedback on Linux everyone. The easiest way to get it on the roadmap is to generate a ton of user interest.
    --
    Matt

Post Snow Leopard

Viivo is supported on -/-
    • Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64-bit) and Windows 8 (32/64) bit
    • Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
    • iOS 6.0 and later
    • Android 4.0 and later

Viivo should work, but is not tested on -/-
    • Microsoft Windows XP (32/64bit)
    • Android 2.3.4 and later

Viivo has known issues with -/-

• Windows Vista (32/64bit) and Windows XP (32/64bit): "Stay Signed In" may not work. You may need to type your password to your Viivo account every time you start Viivo.
    • Windows (all versions): Non-US-English localized installations
    • Windows 7 (32 bit): If the machine is being set to shutdown and Viivo is in a sync cycle, Viivo crash as Windows forces a shutdown.
    • Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard): Doesn't launch, will NOT work. (..We are looking into solutions for this problem, but will remain unsupported.)
    • Mac OSX 10.7 and 10.8: If the machine is being set to shutdown and Viivo is in a sync cycle, Viivo will delay the shutdown of the machine.
    With respect to Snow Leopard: "We are looking into solutions for this problem, but will remain unsupported...."
    Does this remain something that will be addressed soon? Unfortunate if not, since many at my institution still use 10.6.8 - largely for the earlier OS Spaces functionality.

Chasing 10.7, 10.8 and now 10.9 is proving to be quite resource intensive. I can't really see us going back to support 10.6 anytime soon. I do sympathize with you from a 10.6 Spaces perspective. I was a long time Solaris user and fell in love with the similar vertical movement capabilities we had with Spaces in 10.6. Over the last couple of years I've gotten used to the new way. They have better multiple monitor support with spaces now so while some days I miss it, I like the way the current Spaces works with dual screen support.

Anyhow - as I said above, 10.6 is pretty far gone in the rear view mirror at this point. We will let you know if anything changes.
    --
    Matt

As long VIIVO is not remembering my Password on Vista it is useless for me.
    My pass is like that: omcjzFt.Y4OaAv8?nUUK0wIuM <- example
    "Computer der Zukunft werden nicht mehr als 1,5 Tonnen wiegen." [Die Zeitschrift ‘Populäre Mechanik‘], 1949

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
    As long VIIVO is not remembering my Password on Vista it is useless for me.
    My pass is like that: omcjzFt.Y4OaAv8?nUUK0wIuM <- example
    Hey Darkwing,

Unfortunately Windows has changed how they store this in each version of Windows. They only allow a string that is a certain length on XP and Vista, and they increased it in 7, 8, 8.1. When we made the switch to Viivo 2, we made the encrypted password that is stored in windows longer than what Windows XP and Vista can hold to improve the security of your encrypted password stored on the device. While it does increase our security, the negative was what you are experiencing on on the older Microsoft operating systems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

VIIVO 2.1 was the last supported version on:
    • Microsoft Windows XP (32/64bit)

Download here: http://pkware.cachefly.net/products/...-2.1.37-en.exe

Would it be possible to post an updated link to VIIVO 2.1? I have a old copy of Vista x64 that I'd like to get some use from. Thx.