Thread: Best way to sign out of Viivo on my Windows 7 laptop

Cool Best way to sign out of Viivo on my Windows 7 laptop

In order to limit access to my .viivo files I am Logging out of viivo. That way if anyone tries to open an encrypted file on my laptop they will be asked for my account password. If viivo is running in background and someone opens an encrypted file the file will be decrypted and opened. Right now I'm going to Task Manager, finding the running viivo process and clicking 'End Process'. Before I encrypt a file I run the viivo.exe file first. That seems to work, but I'm wondering if I'm missing a better way to Logout. I could reboot with 'Stay Signed In' unchecked, but that takes awhile. I want to leave the file in my unsecured Dropbox folder so it is available to my Apple devices. Thanks

Viivo Staff
    You should be able to stop Viivo by clicking on the system tray icon and select exit. That will kill Viivo and all Viivo related processes. Then if someone tries to open a .viivo file they will need to login again.

Viivo Support
    @pellis2000,

You can exit out of VIIVO by right-clicking on the VIIVO Manger icon, then choosing EXIT. Give this a try, and let us know if the is the functionality you are looking for.

Ive tried EXIT from system tray but that doesnt log me out. I restart VIIVO and am NOT asked to log in. Any one with access to my laptop has access to my encrypted files.
    So how to logout so a login is required?
    Thx

Viivo Support
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
    Ive tried EXIT from system tray but that doesnt log me out. I restart VIIVO and am NOT asked to log in. Any one with access to my laptop has access to my encrypted files.
    So how to logout so a login is required?
    Thx
    in the viivo manager, on the Settings tab, uncheck Stay signed in. The next time you start viivo, it will prompt you for your login password.