Thread: Unable to open iWork 2013 package files

Unable to open iWork 2013 package files

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the version 2.5.14 of the Viivo iOS app where I'm unable to open files created in Apple iWork 2013 apps on the Mac (Pages 5.x, Keynote 6.x, Numbers 3.x) because they appear as folders in the Viivo iOS app.

I've searched far and wide for anything on this situation and found absolutely nothing (on Viivo web site, Viivo Forums, or Google searches). Apparently, Apple switched from simple files to package files for the storage format in the 2013 upgrade. Viivo on iOS doesn't seem to recognize and display Mac package files as files. Instead, it sees them as folders, which is of course what they really are under the hood in OS X so, no big surprise in this behavior. Unless the Viivo iOS app includes the capability to recognize package file folders as such, it would naturally display and handle them as simple folder structures.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, have you found a workaround? Finally, Viivo forum members, do any of you know if this capability will be added in the near future? Thanks!

-Steve

Viivo Support
    @sddinabq,

At the moment, we do not have a work-around for this. However, we are working towards a solution, and when a fix is made available, we will let the community know!

OK, Joe, thanks for the reply. Glad to know you're working on it.

Hi,

It's been over a year since I created this post and was told that the problems was being worked on. Has there been any progress since then? Thanks!

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sddinabq View Post
    Hi,

It's been over a year since I created this post and was told that the problems was being worked on. Has there been any progress since then? Thanks!
    Unfortunately there is no fix for this issue at the current time.