Thread: Thumbnail view of photos?

Thumbnail view of photos?

I've been using Viivo on my PC desktop and now on my Android phone. I use Viivo with Dropbox mainly for backup and mobile access of my photos. When I access my Viivo folders and attempt to view photos for selection, there are no thumbnails shown. This makes selecting specific photos very difficult. On my PC thumbnails of the encrypted photos are shown in Viivo encrypted folders. I assume this is may be by design, but doesn't work for me. Are there plans to add thumbnail views to Viivo Android folders?

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by wiscrigo View Post
    I've been using Viivo on my PC desktop and now on my Android phone. I use Viivo with Dropbox mainly for backup and mobile access of my photos. When I access my Viivo folders and attempt to view photos for selection, there are no thumbnails shown. This makes selecting specific photos very difficult. On my PC thumbnails of the encrypted photos are shown in Viivo encrypted folders. I assume this is may be by design, but doesn't work for me. Are there plans to add thumbnail views to Viivo Android folders?
    Thanks for checking out the Android App. The reason you are able to see thumbnails on your PC is because I am guessing you are looking in your un-encrypted folder (Viivo). Producing a thumbnail of the un-encrypted photo would require Viivo to automatically download all your pictures for your cloud provider to your android device, then decrypt each photo to produce a thumbnail for you. All of this would require a lot of downloading and a lot of processing, so I don't think it's something the Android App will be able to do.

Thanks for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Thanks for checking out the Android App. The reason you are able to see thumbnails on your PC is because I am guessing you are looking in your un-encrypted folder (Viivo). Producing a thumbnail of the un-encrypted photo would require Viivo to automatically download all your pictures for your cloud provider to your android device, then decrypt each photo to produce a thumbnail for you. All of this would require a lot of downloading and a lot of processing, so I don't think it's something the Android App will be able to do.
    Jack, Thanks for the clarification!
    You are correct I was viewing the photos in the Viivo folder on my PC. I see when looking at the Viivo Encrypted folder in Dropbox that no thumbnails show there. I misunderstood and based on this info will not use Viivo for photos I may want to access on my mobile device, but instead use Viivo to archive older photos. Then the benefit is the compression Viivo does to the photo files. I will also use it to upload sensitive documents to the cloud, which will be easier to identify by their name.