Thread: Trouble Opening Documents On My Ipad

New User

Trouble Opening Documents On My Ipad

I use VIIVO on my PC with Dropbox. The VIIVo folder is the default location and name (Viivo-Encrypted). I can open and save files on my PC but when I try to open them on my Ipad i get the following message "Can't preview file. you do not have the keys required to decrypt "file_name.viivo". However we have submitted a request for access to the owner on your behalf." No request shows up in my email account.

On my Ipad the method I use to access the files is; I open the VIIVO app, login, select Dropbox and the Viivo-Encrypted folder opens with the files but I can't open them. What do I need to do to open the files encrypted with VIIVO?

Viivo Staff
    You can try the following on your iPad:
    1) pull to refresh (there is a chance Viivo didn't sync all your decryption keys to your device)
    2) unlinking and signing in again (unlink is under the settings)
    3) uninstall and start over

Just to confirm, you are using the same Viivo account on your iPad as you are on your desktop, right? What version of the Desktop app are you running?

New User
    I am using the same VIIVO account both on my PC and Ipad. On my PC the exe file version is 2.6.17.0 and on my Ipad the app version is 2.6.23.

I have unlinked and signed back in but that did not resolve the issue and I have deleted the app and reinstalled it wit h no resolution to my issue. I am not sure what I need to do to try the "pull to refresh" to sync the decryption keys. Can you give me more direction on this step?

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    I am using the same VIIVO account both on my PC and Ipad. On my PC the exe file version is 2.6.17.0 and on my Ipad the app version is 2.6.23.

I have unlinked and signed back in but that did not resolve the issue and I have deleted the app and reinstalled it wit h no resolution to my issue. I am not sure what I need to do to try the "pull to refresh" to sync the decryption keys. Can you give me more direction on this step?
    What happens if you browse your Viivo files in Dropbox's app then try to open a Viivo file from Dropbox? I expect Dropbox to download the file, then you can select open in and pick Viivo. Viivo should try to decrypt the file. Does this happen with all files? If you add a new on your desktop, does it work in your iPad? What version of iOS is in your ipad?