Thread: Android 4.4 issues with Viivo 2.6.16 and Dropbox

Android 4.4 issues with Viivo 2.6.16 and Dropbox

Hello,

I have just tried Viivo this morning on Android and I have several issues.
    First, I am using Android 4.4 and Viivo 2.6.16. My cloud is currently Dropbox.

My dropbox android application works fine and Viivo works fine on my PC.

Now, when I want to open an encrypted file within dropbox application, it launches Viivo login and then open my file. Given the fact I checked "remember password" in Viivo app, it still asks for it everytime. It is very secure, but I have a very strong password and it takes me time to enter it properly :-) I would be happy if it can remember the password (less security, but can be disabled)

Also, if I launch Viivo app to see my dropbox files, I can properly see the list of files after login. But when I try to open any of them, I get an error "Could not open the file". Curious, because I can open them by opening them in dropbox app (which will launch Viivo, see previous explanation). This one is a big issue! Because it is currently the only way to see several files by entering only one password.

Regards,

Arnaud

Viivo Staff
    Hey Arnaud,

Thanks for the feedback. The Viivo Application was designed so that you can browse your Dropbox files from within the Viivo app so you don't need to switch between apps while working on your files. It looks like when you do that you get a "Could not open the file" error. I have seen that message before when Viivo was still loading the file structure from Dropbox. As for the remember password setting, I have never seen it NOT work, so I am a bit baffled by that.

Some ideas to try for the Remember Password:
    Kill the app
    Launch Viivo -> Check settings to confirm Remember password is enabled.
    If it is set, and it didn't work, Unset it.
    Kill the app
    Launch
    Set it
    Kill the app
    Launch
    Did it work now?

Some ideas to try for the "Could Not Open the File" message:
    1. Kill App
    2. Launch App
    3. Browse to file
    4. Pull down on the screen, you should see a black status bar (at least 1 time). When that is gone, it's "loaded" the latest file information from Dropbox
    5. Select your file to decrypt

Did it work?

If these don't work, you can also delete the app and try again, I have see this last step of deleting the app work on random issues like this before.

Remember password is always checked by following your instructions, but still, it is asked each time application is starting.

For the second problem, I didn't see a black status bar at any moment.
    After several attempts, I managed to successfully open 2 files in my box. I tried a third one, a pdf, I get this error "could not open file". Then, I couldn't open any files even those that were working just before. I must mention something strange and maybe important. For those unsuccessful files, I got message "downloading file [xxx]" while I didn't see this for successful files !! I'm also pretty sure that file extension was showed as .viivo instead of real extension, as if at some point, I got encrypted files within Viivo instead of decrypted files.

I can try to reinstall, but I'm not very confident on a better success.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Hey Arnaud,

Thanks for the feedback. The Viivo Application was designed so that you can browse your Dropbox files from within the Viivo app so you don't need to switch between apps while working on your files. It looks like when you do that you get a "Could not open the file" error. I have seen that message before when Viivo was still loading the file structure from Dropbox. As for the remember password setting, I have never seen it NOT work, so I am a bit baffled by that.

Some ideas to try for the Remember Password:
    Kill the app
    Launch Viivo -> Check settings to confirm Remember password is enabled.
    If it is set, and it didn't work, Unset it.
    Kill the app
    Launch
    Set it
    Kill the app
    Launch
    Did it work now?

Some ideas to try for the "Could Not Open the File" message:
    1. Kill App
    2. Launch App
    3. Browse to file
    4. Pull down on the screen, you should see a black status bar (at least 1 time). When that is gone, it's "loaded" the latest file information from Dropbox
    5. Select your file to decrypt

Did it work?

If these don't work, you can also delete the app and try again, I have see this last step of deleting the app work on random issues like this before.

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by aigleborgne View Post
    Remember password is always checked by following your instructions, but still, it is asked each time application is starting.

For the second problem, I didn't see a black status bar at any moment.
    After several attempts, I managed to successfully open 2 files in my box. I tried a third one, a pdf, I get this error "could not open file". Then, I couldn't open any files even those that were working just before. I must mention something strange and maybe important. For those unsuccessful files, I got message "downloading file [xxx]" while I didn't see this for successful files !! I'm also pretty sure that file extension was showed as .viivo instead of real extension, as if at some point, I got encrypted files within Viivo instead of decrypted files.

I can try to reinstall, but I'm not very confident on a better success.
    I suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it at this point. It almost seems like your auth token with Dropbox has expired or you might be having a problem downloading the file through Dropbox's API which Viivo calls.

Please try deleting the app and installing it again and let us know if that fixes the problem. It is worth noting that when you authenticate with Dropbox, Viivo crawls your Dropbox to learn the structure so we can present the file listing to you. If you have a large amount of files, this may take several minutes. Once it is done, Viivo should operate without an issue.

Just to show you how it's "supposed" to work, here is a short video demo:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb755bg1ac...-demo.mov?dl=0