Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viivo 3.0 - It's coming, do you want early access?

Viivo 3.0 - It's coming, do you want early access?

Hey Fellow Viivo'ers,

The engineering team has been busy working on the next version of Viivo, which will be the Viivo 3.0 release. We have tried listening to a lot of feedback we have been getting through the forums and through our Viivo Feedback page (https://viivo.com/feedback).

Viivo 3.0 is introducing Viivo Lockers.

A Viivo Locker is a folder that you setup to protect files. It can be an empty folder, or it can be a folder full of files. A Viivo Locker will protect and encrypt all files that are added to the locker, or exist in the locker. Lockers can be created on local folders, network folders, or folders you are syncing to the cloud. Sharing keys to these lockers has been made simple as well. As the owner of a Viivo Locker, you can determine who has access to decrypt the files. It's still up to you to get the files to your collaborators since Viivo never holds your files, but we hope we've made the key management and maintenance pieces very easy for you.

That being said we have done a lot of UI work as well as re-think the Viivo 2 folder approach. A lot of users love the idea of having a Viivo folder that contains the un-encrypted files, and another Viivo-Encrypted folder that sits in your cloud provider for your encrypted documents. Don't worry, this isn't going anywhere.

More info to follow.

Reply below only if you want early access to the 3.0 Viivo build. For questions on the product itself, please start a new thread.

please get me access to the 3.0 Viivo build

please get me access to the 3.0 Viivo build too. Thanks.

Viivo Support
    Quote Originally Posted by flanco View Post
    please get me access to the 3.0 Viivo build
    Thank you @flanco! You have been added to our Beta list. Details will follow as soon as they are available.
    Last edited by Joe.Nagel; 01-12-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Viivo Support
    @Richard,

We are unable to locate your VIIVO account with the information given. Could you please e-mail your VIIVO account information to us at support@viivo.com?

Thank you!

I'd love access to 3.0. Please sign me up if you still have space.

Viivo Support
    Hi @sbromberger,

Done! Details will follow as soon as they are available.

Hello Joe, I'd like to give 3.0 a try. Due to the problems I had with 2.0 (a long long time to have the unencrypted and encrypted folder in sync) I'm using temporarily a different solution now.
    Last edited by cloggy; 01-15-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Viivo Support
    Quote Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
    Hello Joe, I'd like to give 3.0 a try. Due to the problems I had with 2.0 (a long long time to have the unencrypted and encrypted folder in sync) I'm using temporarily a different solution now.

Done! Thank you @cloggyy!

Details will follow soon.

Sure. I'm in. Will I need to update all computers?