Thread: ON The Fly Decryption

ON The Fly Decryption

Folks love v 3 and great work so thank you! Here is a query please. With v3 I can (and have set up) no local synced and DECRYPTED folder so everything is encrypted from the outset when added to the relevant folder. The ViiVo client automatically DECRYPTS any content for me when I access it from that ENCRYPTED folder for understandable convenience and productivity reasons. However, if I wanted to stop anyone with access to my machine locally or running it in a forensic VM environment from doing this also is there anyway to stop or restrict this automatic (and for 99% of people useful) process so it asks for a password or a secondary password / challenge before it decrypts ?

Just thinking out loud and if this capability did not exist something like a secondary password challenge that has a user variable time out feature, e.g. no password required for 5 or 10 minutes until a time out, would be good ?

Hi Blue,

You could go into the Viivo Manager settings tab and uncheck the "Stay Signed in" box. This would require you to log in each time Viivo started. You could also uncheck the "Enable on Startup" button if you liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluethree View Post
    Just thinking out loud and if this capability did not exist something like a secondary password challenge that has a user variable time out feature, e.g. no password required for 5 or 10 minutes until a time out, would be good ?
    Have you considered using MFA?

https://www.viivo.com/support/multi-...authentication

Yep good idea never thought of the obvious but maybe there is some value in what I said to try and reach something a bit more user friendly like the time out or keep me signed in for X minutes??
    Last edited by Bluethree; 07-23-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Stupid

MFA - yes I have looked at that and adds another tier but you would want money from me then re business or pro ;-))))))))

Sure thing. I'll pass the suggestion along to our developers.

Viivo Support
    You can also set Viivo not to stay signed in. This will prompt for a password when Viivo is invoked.