Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Application Error on Windows 10 Shutdown/Restart

Application Error on Windows 10 Shutdown/Restart

After upgrading to Win 10 I'm getting the following Viivo Application Error when shutting down or restarting computer:

Followed by:

Attached Images Attached Images

Viivo Staff
    This is a known issue with Viivo. To avoid, you can close Viivo before shutting down, or just click through the error Windows. The engineering team is aware of the issue.

New User
    Thanks for this. I have Viivo 3.0.95 on a public release Windows 10 64 bit machine and I'm getting similar issues. Except my error codes say the instruction at 7c7c2029 referenced memory at 7c7c2029 - with a lot of 0's in front! Only happens when I shut down. I just have to click through it, but it's a little annoying. My encrypted folder is in Dropbox, and it's synced to an unencrypted folder in my User path.

Confirming this issue on Windows 10 otherwise smooth sailing.

I set the registry to autoend tasks on shutdown... doesn't seem to cause any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This is a known issue with Viivo. To avoid, you can close Viivo before shutting down, or just click through the error Windows. The engineering team is aware of the issue.
    I agree this is a relatively minor inconvenience, but that is compounded over time.
    I'd like to think this is a straightforward fix.
    Is this getting any attention?

I understand that the error is minor from a software standpoint, but from a professional standpoint it reflects badly on PKWARE. What if Microsoft had a shutdown exception in Outlook or Word and didn't fix it for 2 months? There would be outrage. The fact that it hasn't been fixed has shown users where Viivo falls in PKWARE's list of product priorities. Just saying ...

Just wanted to say that I'm also getting the 1st error message the OP posted but I'm not getting the 2nd (on Win10 Pro 64-bit). Do we have an ETA on the next release which will address this issue? I was using v2.6.17 until I recently "upgraded" to the current version. I didn't have any issues with 2.6.17 and I'm not using any of the new features in v3.0.95 so I might just downgrade if PKWare doesn't plan to address this issue anytime soon.

Also, manually shutting down Viivo, both from the system tray AND hard-killing the running task in Task Manager, before shutting down Windows DOES NOT prevent this error from happening on my system. Apparently some part of Viivo.exe is STiLL running resident in memory even after killing it manually.
    Last edited by Eric_Z; 09-30-2015 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Z View Post
    Just wanted to say that I'm also getting the 1st error message the OP posted
    Same here with v3.0.95 running on Windows 10 Pro 64bit (with all updates current).
    Should I be surprised that the problem has not been fixed yet?

Guys, thanks for your patience on this issue. We do care about about the shutdown issue and are looking into it.
    --
    Matt

Umm.....it is now December.....still no fix!