Thread: 'Locking' Viivo

ABCE_8

'Locking' Viivo

Hi Guys. Let me first preface, that I'm definitely no expert and so I hope that I'm not covering ground that's redundant or unhelpful.

That said, it would be great if we could somehow ‘lock’ Viivo. For example, say I’m away from my computer and so long as its open anyone can access my Viivo encrypted files. Although I could lock the operating system, I don’t want to do that, because I often share the computer in my house w. several other people (E.g. my wife). I would like to have the capability to just ‘lock’ Viivo independently.

Not sure if you guys are familiar w. 1Password’s interface, but I think they do a good job of this. Although you have your Viivo master password, it would be great if you could just ‘lock’ Viivo and then unlock it with a short 6 digit passcode that comes from Google Authenticate.

Cheers.

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ABCE_8 View Post
    Hi Guys. Let me first preface, that I'm definitely no expert and so I hope that I'm not covering ground that's redundant or unhelpful.

That said, it would be great if we could somehow ‘lock’ Viivo. For example, say I’m away from my computer and so long as its open anyone can access my Viivo encrypted files. Although I could lock the operating system, I don’t want to do that, because I often share the computer in my house w. several other people (E.g. my wife). I would like to have the capability to just ‘lock’ Viivo independently.

Not sure if you guys are familiar w. 1Password’s interface, but I think they do a good job of this. Although you have your Viivo master password, it would be great if you could just ‘lock’ Viivo and then unlock it with a short 6 digit passcode that comes from Google Authenticate.

Cheers.
    If you Exit Viivo when you walk away from your computer and enabled MFA with Google Authenticator you can do basically the same thing you are looking for. We've had some other interest in users asking for similar features, like requiring an entry after an idle time or something like that. For now, if you kill Viivo and use MFA, you should get what you are looking for. I will pass the feedback onto the engineering team as well.

ABCE_8
    Hi Jack. Thanks for the quick reply.

I've just tried what you've suggested and indeed it kind of does what I'm looking for but it does not do it in a seemless nor quick fashion.

It's a mediocre temporary solution, but would definitely love to see a 'lock function' added, where you can then get back in via google Authenticator or putting in the master password.

Cheers.