Thread: Cant put Viivo in favorites bar on Macbook with El Cap

Cant put Viivo in favorites bar on Macbook with El Cap

My office iMac is running El Cap and I was able to place Viivo into the favorites bar in my finder. The nice thing is I can then attach documents to emails without Viivo encryption so non Viivo users can just get a pdf. However, I cannot do the same with my Macbook. I can only attach the Viivo encrypted file since I have to go Dropbox-Viivo Encrypted-file.

Any tips to make my Macbook similar to my iMac?

Thanks!

No one at Viivo can help?!?!?

Does your Macbook have a Viivo folder on it or just the Dropbox/Viivo-Encrypted folder?
    If you open the Viivo Manager and select "Lockers" is your Viivo-Encrypted folder set to "sync" to a decrypted location? If not, you want to setup Sync in order to maintain a decrypted copy in another folder elsewhere on your system. Once that folder exists (or you've located it) you simply need to drag it under Favorites in Finder and OS X will create a shortcut for you.
    --
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Does your Macbook have a Viivo folder on it or just the Dropbox/Viivo-Encrypted folder?
    If you open the Viivo Manager and select "Lockers" is your Viivo-Encrypted folder set to "sync" to a decrypted location? If not, you want to setup Sync in order to maintain a decrypted copy in another folder elsewhere on your system. Once that folder exists (or you've located it) you simply need to drag it under Favorites in Finder and OS X will create a shortcut for you.
    Thanks! Looks like it is syncing to the encrypted file: /Users/quinnposner/Dropbox/Viivo-Encrypted

Should I direct it to sync elsewhere? Create a second locker for it to sync to? If so, where?

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by qposner View Post
    Thanks! Looks like it is syncing to the encrypted file: /Users/quinnposner/Dropbox/Viivo-Encrypted

Should I direct it to sync elsewhere? Create a second locker for it to sync to? If so, where?
    I think what Matt was trying to ask is if your locker is currently set up to sync or not.

Check out this page https://viivo.com/lockers and look at the section "What is a synced Locker vs. a non-synced Locker?". This will help you understand the differences.

Does that help answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think what Matt was trying to ask is if your locker is currently set up to sync or not.

Check out this page https://viivo.com/lockers and look at the section "What is a synced Locker vs. a non-synced Locker?". This will help you understand the differences.

Does that help answer your question?
    Jack - I understand what you are saying. I simply created a folder entitled "Viivo local" under my user ID. I can then drag it to finder. Correct?
    Last edited by qposner; 01-13-2016 at 12:45 AM.

Viivo Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by qposner View Post
    Jack - I understand what you are saying. I simply created a folder entitled "Viivo local" under my user ID. I can then drag it to finder. Correct?
    Yes. You can actually create the folder that you want all your decrypted documents in anywhere. Then in the Viivo Manager, when you check the sync checkbox, browse to your folder and select it. Then in Finder, Drag that folder to your favorites.