Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the -2.viivo suffix?

What is the -2.viivo suffix?

Does anyone have any idea why a file names (for instance) name.docx.viivo would become name.docx-2.viivo when imported?
    Also, it cannot be read.
    The same happens on both on my iPhone and iPad, consistently. The file opens just fine on my Windows machine (with no suffix addition).
    Thanks

Viivo Support
    That usually occurs when the application you are using is trying to copy a file. Does this happen for newly created files? If so, save the docx to Viivo, then open it after it is encrypted.

It happens when:
    * I have an existing *.viivo file, then
    * I select it on iOS 'Copy to Viivo', then
    * It appears in Favourites

Viivo Support
    Are you going into Viivo, then your cloud provider and then selecting the Viivo file you wish to view?

If not, I suspect all you are doing is adding copies of the .viivo file to the favorites folder of the application you maybe working out of.

No!
    Say I have NOTHING in my iOS device Viivo Favourites, then I copy ONE file to Viivo, then that one and only file may have the -2 appended.
    My cloud provider is not listed in Viivo so I have never ever used the Clould Provider page. I only ever import to Favourites
    Last edited by RobinB; 07-06-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Well, that stopped for a while. Now I am getting *-1.viivo for my iOS Viivo Favourites!
    The same files on my desktop and other iOS files are OK.
    To confirm, the file name in iOS is OK, the -1 appears only after the file is placed in Favourites.
    Any bright ideas as to the cause?
    Thanks....

Viivo Support
    @RobinB,

When you open VIIVO, and click on Favorites, do you see multiple copies of the that particular *.viivo file listed?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.Nagel View Post
    @RobinB,

When you open VIIVO, and click on Favorites, do you see multiple copies of the that particular *.viivo file listed?
    No. No other version

Viivo Support
    @RobinB,

Try this method:

1. Sign into VIIVO.

2. From within VIIVO, navigate to the file which you would like to add to VIIVO Favorites.

3. Open the file within VIIVO. When it is opened, add it to VIIVO Favorites by tapping on the STAR in the upper right-hand corner.

4. Now within VIIVO, when you tap on the Favorites option (the STAR symbol at the bottom of the VIIVO screen), the file should now be listed with its original name.

Can you try this at your convenience and let us know the results?

Thanks Joe. Sadly, I have no way of navigating to the file from within Viivo.
    I don't use one of the listed cloud services (I use SpiderOAK ONE).