Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viivo Edit function

Viivo Edit function

I am using OneDrive as cloud storage and have encrypted all my files with vivo and they have been uploaded to the cloud. I am not keeping any unencrypted versions of the files on my windows laptop. I have one locker set up (no sync) as
    C:\users\xxxxxx\OneDrive\documents

If I double click (Viivo Edit) on any document in the \OneDrive\documents folder on my laptop the file will be decrypted and the document will be opened in the appropriate application (Excel in this case). The file is then placed unencrypted in the folder C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Viivo\Data\File-Edit, size unaltered and the original file that is in the \OneDrive\documents folder changes to 1K so presumably this file is now a shortcut to the file in \AppData\Local\Viivo\Data\File-Edit. Saving the document from within Excel only updates the file in \AppData\Local\Viivo\Data\File-Edit, it doesn’t re encrypt it and put it back in the OneDrive folder

Am I using Viivo Edit incorrectly or is there a problem?

Viivo Staff
    I think you are experiencing a bug that is in the Viivo 3.0.95 product. Can you download the newest version and try it again?
    https://forums.viivo.com/showthread....indows-Release

Your workflow is exactly what you should be doing. When you save the excel document, the file will be altered in the "C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Viivo\Data\File-Edit" folder, then Viivo will encrypt the new changes back into the original destination of the .viivo file you opened.

Version 3.0.102 installed and edit function works OK. I note that the unencrypted file is not deleted from C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Viivo\Data\File-Edit when the file is saved. As I don't want to keep unencrypted files on my laptop I have to remember to go back and delete them when I've finished.
    I had to remove version 3.0.95 prior to installing the latest. When I updated with the old version in situ the double click did nothing. I'm not sure whether you would recommend an uninstall prior to installing new versions, please advise.

Univac. From time-to-time I have exactly your problem (1K file), and I am using 3.0.102. I strongly expect that it will happen to you again soon....but I can't find the 'driver'. Please let me know if you find the root cause!

Mmm that's interesting. I've been giving viivo a good hammering in an evaluation environment recently and had some weird things with 3.0.95 but under version 3.0.102 it's been performing very well. I'll keep a lookout for those 1K shortcuts, thanks RobinB

Quote Originally Posted by RobinB View Post
    From time-to-time I have exactly your problem (1K file), and I am using 3.0.102. I strongly expect that it will happen to you again soon....
    Well RobinB you were right. I've got 1K files all over the place that I can't open (You no longer have access to open this file) even under 3.0.102

Quote Originally Posted by Univac View Post
    Well RobinB you were right. I've got 1K files all over the place that I can't open (You no longer have access to open this file) even under 3.0.102
    Hmm. It got me beat, I cannot find what triggers the problem.

Viivo Support
    Is there a pattern to the files that are 1kb? Are they all the same type of file?
    Last edited by Michael; 02-26-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Viivo Staff
    Also, are you sure they didn't exist before you installed 102?

Univac, can you help? For me, I have not been able to find any pattern. BUT since wiping all my Viivo files and starting again (with a one-day pause after creating on Windows, before even touching another device, as I had a suspicion that I was setting up too quickly across all my platforms) I have had no problems for a couple of weeks now.