Thread: viivo high cpu usage

viivo high cpu usage

I am experiencing recurrent high CPU usage (between 28% and 35%) with Viivo lately. I am not sure what the cause is but it is making my fan run constantly. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Viivo Support
    @britchey,

From your screenshot, the VIIVO image appears to show that VIIVO was syncing. Could you look at your VIIVO Manager the next time this happens, and let us know the Locker Status (in the lower right-hand corner)?

It's resolving - and appears to always be resolving. I have it set to encrypt my entire dropbox folder so it is constantly updating my documents. I do that so all my dropbox documents are encrypted - though I have found that it makes sharing specific folders impossible (perhaps the subject of another thread - how to give permissions to subfolders of my locker).

Viivo Support
    This would explain the CPU activity - when Resolving, VIIVO is processing your files. The amount of activity is dependent on the number / frequency of the files being processed in the locker.

I understand from your other forum thread that you will be modifying your VIIVO configuration to have several lockers inside of Dropbox, rather than the one current locker for the entire Dropbox folder. Such a change will have several benefits. In addition to allowing you to set up multiple VIIVO shares, this should also help to greatly reduce the CPU activity resulting from your current configuration.

high usage again

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.Nagel View Post
    This would explain the CPU activity - when Resolving, VIIVO is processing your files. The amount of activity is dependent on the number / frequency of the files being processed in the locker.

I understand from your other forum thread that you will be modifying your VIIVO configuration to have several lockers inside of Dropbox, rather than the one current locker for the entire Dropbox folder. Such a change will have several benefits. In addition to allowing you to set up multiple VIIVO shares, this should also help to greatly reduce the CPU activity resulting from your current configuration.
    Ok the problem is happening again, but viivo is not resolving. I attached a screen shot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Viivo Support
    What are the time-frames for this CPU activity? Is the activity constant, or does the CPU% go up for a period, then decrease?

Does shutting down and restarting VIIVO Manager alter this behavior in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.Nagel View Post
    What are the time-frames for this CPU activity? Is the activity constant, or does the CPU% go up for a period, then decrease?

Does shutting down and restarting VIIVO Manager alter this behavior in any way?
    It's constant - shutting down and restating does not appear to help much - when I shut down, CPU returns to normal, fan stops. When I start back, it jumps back up fan constant.

Viivo Support
    Gotcha. When this happens - if you open your VIIVO Manger, what is the Status (in the lower right-hand corner)?