Thread: My .rtfd files not encrypted

New User

My .rtfd files not encrypted

I just noticed that after encryption of some folders ( through the synced folder method ) when looking in the encrypted folder I see a whole load of .viivo encrypted files but one or two .rtfd files looking normal.
    I can't open them normally, so something has happened in the process, but they are not encrypted either.
    When I visit my cloud storage I can't open them there either, so they are changed online also ( Good ), when I download it I get the enclosed TXT.rtf.viivo and that text file does open, and the contents are the same as the original. Also Good!
    I'm
    Why doesn't Viivo encrypt .rtfd in a normal way? Is it .rtfd that is weird - a text file with attachments?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_T...rmat_Directory
    Guess so...
    Anyway loving the product very nicely put together.
    Cheers

Viivo Staff
    .rtfd are "bundle" or package files. The are actually folders that your mac is presenting as files. If you right click on a non Viivo'd rtfd and select "Show Package Contents" you will see Finder actually open the folder and show you the files in it.

Unfortunately Viivo sees the RTFD as a folder as well. Remember, Viivo encrypts files, not folders (since folders have 0 data). So RTFD (along with all other bundle files) create problems for Viivo. The only work around is to compress the RTFD into a zip, and just make a .viivo file from the .zip.