Thread: Delete account

Delete account

How do we delete a VIIVO account? Problems with passwords.

And, what kind of information does VIIVO keep on it's server? Namely, are our locker keys kept in VIIVO, and if not, how are the locker keys accessed when decrypting data on a different device? Concern is that if VIIVO keeps the key anywhere then the key isn't really secure (accessible by VIIVO).

Thank you

Viivo Support
    Deleting a viivo account has to be done manually on the server. Once the account is deleted, any files encrypted using that login are permanently un-encryptable.

Locker keys are not stored on the server, they are stored locally on the device. here is an explanation of viivo security:
    https://viivo.com/how-our-security-works

Is there a support email address to send the accounts to be deleted to?

If the locker keys are only kept locally, then how did it "appear" on the second machine I tested by simply be entering my VIIVO account and it's password? I don't recall having to re-enter the 255 encryption key (it's been a while since I tested this in that detail, so I could be wrong), just the VIIVO account password.

Viivo Support
    Quote Originally Posted by HFChristie View Post
    If the locker keys are only kept locally, then how did it "appear" on the second machine I tested by simply be entering my VIIVO account and it's password? I don't recall having to re-enter the 255 encryption key (it's been a while since I tested this in that detail, so I could be wrong), just the VIIVO account password.
    I apologize for not explaining this more clearly the first time. Your keys are actually stored on the server, but they are encrypted (the actual clear text key is not stored). your viivo logon provides the local key needed to decrypt the keys, so when you log into a new device, the encrypted copy is passed from the server to the local machine, where it is then decrypted for use. Hence, they "appear" on the local machine.

Yea, but the login is usually a simply 8-12 character key. Which means you'd need to use a different key as complex as the "master" key as your Viivo key in order to keep the "Master" secure. Not an insurmountable, or necessarily bad, thing - it's just misleading to state that your "master" keys are kept locally (I believe the VIIVO site FAQ states this, too) when they're actually accessible to anyone in VIIVO by breaking the simpler VIIVO account password. Is there a max length on the VIIVO account login?

Who do I contact to have to previous testing VIIVO accounts deleted? It won't let me use the forget password link any longer.

Thank you