Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This File Was Updated Outside of Viivo

This File Was Updated Outside of Viivo

Hi. Does anyone have any advice on this Viivo Warning?
    My Viivo-encrypted files are only ever handled though Viivo. I don't keep any non-encrypted files (other than the 'hidden away' Viivo File-Edit copies).
    I am baffled....!

The only possible hint is that my Viivo login is consistently very very slow when I first log in, from both my Mac and Windows machines, even when I am on a relatively fast connection (say 10MPS or so). After I enter the password, I suffer 'checking password' for quite a delay. Maybe the server lag is causing problems?

Windows version is 3.0.103.
    Last edited by RobinB; 08-07-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Viivo Support
    @RobinB,

Are you still experiencing slow log-ins? Updates were performed to VIIVO's back-end server, which should have addressed symptoms such as this.

We'd like to see if the slowness went away, and perhaps also the cause of the received message.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.Nagel View Post
    @RobinB,

Are you still experiencing slow log-ins? Updates were performed to VIIVO's back-end server, which should have addressed symptoms such as this.
    Much better now thanks!

Hi Joe. Is there any reason why a Mac should be very much slower to link than a Windows machine?
    Same network, both Speedtest the same, OSX consistently many multiples of time slower than Windows 10.

Viivo Support
    @RobinB,

All other things being equal, there really should not be a difference in VIIVO processing between Mac and Windows.

What is the scenario in which this is happening?

Thanks Joe.
    I do not have login set at boot. So when I try to open my first Viivo file of the session, Viivo asks me for my password and I then login.
    The Viivo file is already on the relevant computer.
    With Windows, the Viivo login popup appears immediately and after entering the password, I am logged in after (say 3 seconds).
    With OSX, connected to the same network in the same manner, with the file on the OSX machine, it takes (say) 15 seconds.

Viivo Support
    @RobinB,

There really is nothing external that should be causing this.

Configuration-wise, how does the Mac hardware / software compare to the Windows PC (i.e. - processor speed, ram, hard-drive speed, programs loaded at boot time, etc.)? Differences in this area can greatly affect system performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.Nagel View Post
    @RobinB,

Configuration-wise, how does the Mac hardware / software compare to the Windows PC (i.e. - processor speed, ram, hard-drive speed, programs loaded at boot time, etc.)? Differences in this area can greatly affect system performance.
    Very similar, except that the Mac is SSD-based. Note that this is after Viivo is actually opened and the code manually entered. I presume that it must link to Viivo-connect differences as (say) if I go to a (non-cached) web page at the same time on both machines, they are each displayed at near-identical times. Similarly (say) if I start Outlook, my emails update at near-identical times.

Never mind....but it does make me wonder if my ongoing woes are Mac-App induced.

This is a real pain. I just tried to edit a Viivo file on my Mac:
    Quote Viivo is attempting to save Code Sheet.docx. This file was updated outside of Viivo. What do you want to do? Unquote

Viivo Support
    @RobinB,

Can you send us your log files from your Mac, as well as the name of the file in question?