Thread: Encrypting / decrypting files when Internet or servers are down + using no Viivo PC

Question Encrypting / decrypting files when Internet or servers are down + using no Viivo PC

Hi,

As Cloudfogger has been stopped and is not available anymore, I'm looking for an alternative. My current choice is Viivo, as it looks as, for the lowest price, it offers what I want. That is:

-> strong encrypting: AES-256 + RSA 2048
    -> works with: Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive

However, before installing it and using the free trial, as I will need business version, I have following questions:

1. Is it possible to encrypt/decrypt files without Internet connection or in case Viivo servers (if any) are down?

2. I have two personal computers where I would like to use Viivo with my cloud providers (Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive). Additionally, I use a computer in my work where I access my clouds via web browsers. I download needed files and decrypt/encrypt them locally and upload in clouds manually. Is it possible when using Viivo? From YouTube videos about Viivo, it looks as cloud services must be installed on a computer. FAQs (https://www.viivo.com/support) also do not give a direct answer. I do not want to install my cloud services on my work computer. I just want to download some files and decrypt/encrypt them and upload again.

Viivo Support
    @Xiao,

Regarding your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
    Hi,

1. Is it possible to encrypt/decrypt files without Internet connection or in case Viivo servers (if any) are down?

2. I have two personal computers where I would like to use Viivo with my cloud providers (Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive). Additionally, I use a computer in my work where I access my clouds via web browsers. I download needed files and decrypt/encrypt them locally and upload in clouds manually. Is it possible when using Viivo? From YouTube videos about Viivo, it looks as cloud services must be installed on a computer. FAQs (https://www.viivo.com/support) also do not give a direct answer. I do not want to install my cloud services on my work computer. I just want to download some files and decrypt/encrypt them and upload again.

1. Yes - if VIIVO is fully configured on the system in question, and you are logged into VIIVO, you will be able to encrypt/decrypt files in your lockers.

2. A non-syncing locker, created outside of any cloud-sharing services folder, should work in this instance. Files placed within this folder will be encrypted by VIIVO - but since the folder is not associated with a cloud service, the VIIVO files will remain in the folder until they are moved manually by you.

Let us know if there are any questions!

Thank you Joe!

Sounds good. I'll will install the trial within a week, test the software and contact Viivo team directly in case of troubles.

Sorry for post after post, but on your site https://www.viivo.com, it is written, that 14-day trial is available. However, I cannot find it anywhere. Even when I choose Viivo Pro from download section, there is no option to check 14-day trial. I go directly to payment where I have to pay for the Viivo Pro. Could you point me to the 14-day trial or should I install Viivo Personal and it is license it is written that it may be used 14 days with business documents?

Viivo Support
    @Xiao,

There is no 14-day trial anymore. Simply download / install the current version available online. The feature-sets available to you is actually tied to your account, and not the product installed.

You can trial the product with the free features, and the Pro features will be activated.

@Joe.Nagel,

Thank you Joe for the answer.

Yes, I read "Viivo Client License Agreement". I can evaluate the product for 30 days, but then I need to buy Viivo Pro as Viivo Client is restricted to non-commercial purposes only.