Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: decryption doesn't work...

decryption doesn't work...

Hello all,

I have an encrypted file in my PC and in my SkyFrive as a backup.
    The local file size is 1k while the encrypted file in the cloud is 378k.

When I click on my local file is says "you no longer have access to open this file".
    I tried to download and decrypt the file from the cloud, but all I get is a 1k file which I can't decrypt.
    Any solution for that situation please???

Quote Originally Posted by infotal View Post
    When I click on my local file is says "you no longer have access to open this file".
    Welcome to The Club! Use Search for the phrase.....

Thanks Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinB View Post
    Welcome to The Club! Use Search for the phrase.....
    I forgot to mention that I already tried the instructions related to a timing issue, but the problem
    wasn't solved...

Hello all,

I have an encrypted file in my PC and in my SkyFrive as a backup.
    The local file size is 1k while the encrypted file in the cloud is 378k.

I tried to download and decrypt the file from the cloud, but all I get is a 1k file which I can't decrypt.
    Any solution for that situation please???
    Hi,

This can be attributed to files not being set to Available Offline.

Please review this thread for additional information.
    https://forums.viivo.com/showthread....OneDrive-users

Thank you Kevin but...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
    Hi,

This can be attributed to files not being set to Available Offline.

Please review this thread for additional information.
    https://forums.viivo.com/showthread....OneDrive-users
    My file was available offline and I still can't decrypt it.
    I do use WIN 8.1 though. The file size in the cloud is 378k but the one in my PC is 1k only.
    I followed the instructions in the thread you pointed me too, but the results are the same.
    Is there anything else I can do..?

My file was available offline and I still can't decrypt it.
    I do use WIN 8.1 though. The file size in the cloud is 378k but the one in my PC is 1k only.
    I followed the instructions in the thread you pointed me too, but the results are the same.
    Is there anything else I can do..?
    Tommy, The cloud API controls the replication of the data from the cloud to your desktop folder. Normally there is a folder you place files in to that the API will copy the files from and place them in the cloud. This does not seem to be happening.

How did you originally encrypt the file and get it to your cloud provider?
    Can you manually download the .viivo file from the cloud to your desktop, right click it and decrypt it?

Can you also send in your log files and provide me with the filename you are seeing this issue with?

To send your logs from v3.0, open the Viivo Manager, hold down the SHIFT key, and double-click on Settings in the lower-left. This will bring up a window that contains a "Send Log Files" button.

Tommy, The cloud API controls the replication of the data from the cloud to your desktop folder. Normally there is a folder you place files in to that the API will copy the files from and place them in the cloud. This does not seem to be happening.

How did you originally encrypt the file and get it to your cloud provider?
    Can you manually download the .viivo file from the cloud to your desktop, right click it and decrypt it?

Can you also send in your log files and provide me with the filename you are seeing this issue with?

To send your logs from v3.0, open the Viivo Manager, hold down the SHIFT key, and double-click on Settings in the lower-left. This will bring up a window that contains a "Send Log Files" button.
    Hey Kevin,

As far as I recall I just moved the file to the local folder I chose to encrypt, under OneDrive (Microsoft cloud).
    When I manually download the file from the cloud, all I get is a 1k file. After right click on it and decrypting it looks like Viivo does something,
    the bar is green but no new decrypted file is generated.
    I just followed your instructions and uploaded my log files.
    Thank you!

That is the only way that I remotely use Viivo, yet I have been plagued with 'no longer have access' and suffix (ie -1 and -2) errors.

I'm not sure I understood...

Quote Originally Posted by RobinB View Post
    That is the only way that I remotely use Viivo, yet I have been plagued with 'no longer have access' and suffix (ie -1 and -2) errors.
    What do you mean Kevin?

What do you mean Kevin?
    Tommy,
    Download the file from your cloud to your desktop. So download file1.txt.viivo to your desktop. Then, right click, select Viivo, select Decrypt to and decrypt it to your desktop. This will verify that the data in the cloud is still valid. If that works correctly, then we need to troubleshoot why your cloud providers API is not syncing correctly.

The above comment you referenced was from another user. You'd have to clarify with them what they meant. We're just trying to troubleshoot your issue in this thread.