Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: decryption doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
    Tommy,
    Download the file from your cloud to your desktop. So download file1.txt.viivo to your desktop. Then, right click, select Viivo, select Decrypt to and decrypt it to your desktop. This will verify that the data in the cloud is still valid. If that works correctly, then we need to troubleshoot why your cloud providers API is not syncing correctly.

The above comment you referenced was from another user. You'd have to clarify with them what they meant. We're just trying to troubleshoot your issue in this thread.
    The file I downloaded is 1k only.
    I decrypted it with viivo, it says "done" but doesn't generate a new file. Like nothing really happens...

Quote Originally Posted by infotal View Post
    The file I downloaded is 1k only.
    I decrypted it with viivo, it says "done" but doesn't generate a new file. Like nothing really happens...
    Tommy, You originally said that the file in the encrypted file in the cloud was 378k.

Since you have uploaded your log files, looking at the sync log, I see that you are encrypting many .url files. Can you provide me with a specific filename that you are experiencing the issue with?

Tommy, You originally said that the file in the encrypted file in the cloud was 378k.

Since you have uploaded your log files, looking at the sync log, I see that you are encrypting many .url files. Can you provide me with a specific filename that you are experiencing the issue with?

It is indeed 378k - but in the cloud only. Once I download it the size is 1k for some reason.
    The name of the file is in Hebrew and looks like that: שבעה.doc
    If you want I can send you a screenshot.

Tommy, Can you confirm or try to access your onedrive account via your web browser? Then right click and save the .viivo file to your desktop that way? Could you also provide a screenshot of the location you are downloading from? You appear to have folders from both skydrive and onedrive in your log files. Skydrive being the name of the cloud resource before it was renamed to OneDrive.

Tommy, Can you confirm or try to access your onedrive account via your web browser? Then right click and save the .viivo file to your desktop that way? Could you also provide a screenshot of the location you are downloading from? You appear to have folders from both skydrive and onedrive in your log files. Skydrive being the name of the cloud resource before it was renamed to OneDrive.
    I got into https://onedrive.live.com and downloaded the viivo file to my desktop.
    Now the file's size is correct - 378k and not 1k - yet I still can't decrypt it.
    Screenshot (800x554).jpgfile size (800x578).jpg

I got into https://onedrive.live.com and downloaded the viivo file to my desktop.
    Now the file's size is correct - 378k and not 1k - yet I still can't decrypt it.
    Screenshot (800x554).jpgfile size (800x578).jpg
    Tommy, Thank you for that additional information. Can you upload your log files again so I can look at any errors you might be getting in your log files? Thanks.

Sure. Done

Tommy, Thank you for that additional information. Can you upload your log files again so I can look at any errors you might be getting in your log files? Thanks.
    Thank you Kevin.

Kevin. any news regarding my problem?

Thank you Kevin.

Tommy, We are still reviewing your logs. I will update you as soon as I have some additional information to share.

Tommy,

In looking at your logs, we don't see anything encrypted with VIIVO.

Here is what we see for your locker setup:

"encryptedPath": "C:\\Users\\matzpen\\SkyDrive\\\u05de\u05e1\u05de\ u05db\u05d9\u05dd"

"decryptedPath": "C:\\Users\\matzpen\\Documents\\onedrive decrypt"

The only files we see in the new logs are *.url files, and I'm not sure if we actually encrypt these. Can you do the following:

1. Create a test text file on your desktop.
    2. Copy/Paste the file file into the folder C:\Users\matzpen\Documents\onedrive decrypt\
    3. See if it encrypts to the SkyDrive folder (not sure of the exact name, as I believe those are UTF8 characters).
    4. Give us the name of the text file, and again upload the log files for review.

Also -

The attached image is a screenshot of the viivo file properties, not a message about a decryption error. Perhaps see if you can Right-Click >>> VIIVO >>> Open/Edit. If that fails send us a screenshot of that.