Thread: How to backup the keystore

How to backup the keystore

Hello

• I'd like to be able to backup my local keystore to move it to another computer or to be able to restore it on a new computer in the case of a disaster. How can I achieve that?
    • Furthermore, is it possible to assign multiple moderators? In the case my account is lost or the moderator leaves the company or in the case of disaster a second person can re-assign a new account without re-encrypting the whole content
    • What happens if PKWARE decides to not longer provide the service. Will I still have access to my content?

Thanks

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Angehrn View Post
    Hello

• I'd like to be able to backup my local keystore to move it to another computer or to be able to restore it on a new computer in the case of a disaster. How can I achieve that?
    • Furthermore, is it possible to assign multiple moderators? In the case my account is lost or the moderator leaves the company or in the case of disaster a second person can re-assign a new account without re-encrypting the whole content
    • What happens if PKWARE decides to not longer provide the service. Will I still have access to my content?

Thanks

Peter
    Hi Peter,

With the issues I have described in the previous thread, these are great questions you are asking. I am very interested in the answer.

Dear Viivo Team

Any update to my questions?

Thanks
    PEter

Viivo Staff
    Thanks for your interest in Viivo. Some quick answers for you, hope they help.

Hello
    I'd like to be able to backup my local keystore to move it to another computer or to be able to restore it on a new computer in the case of a disaster. How can I achieve that?
    Download Viivo on another device, and log into your account. All your keys are encrypted on the server and transferred to your new device.

Furthermore, is it possible to assign multiple moderators? In the case my account is lost or the moderator leaves the company or in the case of disaster a second person can re-assign a new account without re-encrypting the whole content
    No. Unfortunately, Assets are only owned by 1 person, and ownership cannot be transferred.

What happens if PKWARE decides to not longer provide the service. Will I still have access to my content?
    Yes. Viivo was designed to work with the server gone. You will not be able to transfer keys to new devices (with the current desktop version), but you can login without access to the Viivo server, which is the same case as the Viivo server being gone.