Thread: Trying to install Viivo on second computer, and it won't accept my credentials?

New User

Trying to install Viivo on second computer, and it won't accept my credentials?

Subject pretty much says it all. I've got Viivo set up on my main computer, but when I went to install it on my Air, and try to sign in with my saved credentials, it says they're not correct. Both computers are running the latest version of Sierra, 10.12.4, and the latest version of Viivo. And yes, my credentials are correct; they're saved in 1Password.

What could be causing this?

Viivo Support
    @jiclark,

Let's remove 1Password from the equation for troubleshooting purposes. When you directly log into Viivo on your second system, what are the results?

New User
    Okay, I'm back. Thanks for replying Joe, and of course, you were right. For whatever reason, it turns out that I don't know what my Viivo password is right now. I wrestled with it for more awhile before it finally became clear that it wasn't what I was sure it was! �� I'm still logged in on my main laptop, but when I try to login to the iOS app, it says my password is incorrect (as it also said on my MacBook Air).

So, twice in the last week, as I've read in the FAQs is possible, I've put in support requests to have the 'key' sent via email so I can reset the password. Unfortunately, I've heard nothing back. What do I need to do to reset my password? Thanks for any tips you can give!

Quote Originally Posted by jiclark View Post
    Okay, I'm back. Thanks for replying Joe, and of course, you were right. For whatever reason, it turns out that I don't know what my Viivo password is right now. I wrestled with it for more awhile before it finally became clear that it wasn't what I was sure it was! �� I'm still logged in on my main laptop, but when I try to login to the iOS app, it says my password is incorrect (as it also said on my MacBook Air).

So, twice in the last week, as I've read in the FAQs is possible, I've put in support requests to have the 'key' sent via email so I can reset the password. Unfortunately, I've heard nothing back. What do I need to do to reset my password? Thanks for any tips you can give!
    As you've undoubtedly read elsewhere on the forums/FAQs, you can only recover your password from a system that is (or was) working (i.e. you are 'logged in'). Regardless, I always like to suggest the belt-and-suspenders approach of creating an unencrypted backup of all your files if it's your last working system.

Steps:
    1. Launch the Viivo Manager
    2. Go to Settings and uncheck "Stay Signed In"
    3. Exit Viivo
    4. Wait until it has exited (left your Windows System Tray or Mac Menu Bar)
    5. Start Viivo
    6. Click the "forgot password" link on the login screen
    7. Copy the string sent to your e-mail address (e.g. "24.eyJUeHAiOiMjQ1MRk...") and paste it into the "recovery code" text box
    8. Click "Continue".
    9. Type in a new valid password
    10. Confirm that same new password
    11. Click "Continue"

This is your new password. After you're logged in on desktop, you can use it to login on mobile or anywhere else. Any additional systems you had previously logged in will detect the change and log you out.
    --
    Matt

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    As you've undoubtedly read elsewhere on the forums/FAQs, you can only recover your password from a system that is (or was) working (i.e. you are 'logged in'). Regardless, I always like to suggest the belt-and-suspenders approach of creating an unencrypted backup of all your files if it's your last working system.
    Thanks Matt, great suggestion, and fortunately I already do that! Thanks too for the explicit instructions for reseting my password, which I have done. I just didn't want to sign out until I was sure I didn't have to be able to generate some sort of key while I was still signed in! ��

Appreciate the help very much. Have a great week!

John