Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *.viivo extansion relates to no App

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

*.viivo extansion relates to no App

Hello together.

I would really like to use viivo after they shut down cloudfooger but there is a big issue which I'm unable to solve. The *.viivo file extension seams to be related to no application and I found no way to change that.

I use a private cloud HiDrive from Strato which is one of the most comment clouds of Germany. When I try to open a *.viivo file directly out by the Android File I'm able to choose "Decrypt with Viivo" all the time. But when I try to open the file again the Systems asks the same question. It seams that Android can't save this connection between *.viivo and Viivo Decrypt. In consequence of that no other app is able to open *.viivo files with Viivo Decrpyt. For example HiDrive gives the reply that there is no App registered for that File Extansion.

Is use Andoid 4.4.2 with an Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.

I read that this issue might be related to an fault in the intents-filters from the App. I'm not a developer and I'm unable to solve that.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...file-extension

Please. I would like to have a solution for that. I think that's valid for all users who not use Google Drive or the other standard Cloud Services in the App.

Thanks a lot!!!
    Matt
    Last edited by mrtemp; 05-17-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Its definitively a fault in the app.

No support?

Does nobody know anything?
    At least: Is there a file in the Android System where I can change the relations between the file extension and the viivo-app manually?

Thanks

Here is the seemingly false part of MANIFEST.XML . means ": p"

-<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW"/>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.EDIT"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\.vii vo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\ \.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\ \..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\ \..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\ \..*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\ \..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\ \..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\ \..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

<data android:mimeType="*/*"/>

<data android:host="*"/>

<data android:scheme="file"/>

</intent-filter>

Ok. The following seams to be missed in manifest.xml:
    android:scheme="content"

so to the code in manifext.xml should be added the following:
    <data android:scheme="content" androidathPattern=".*\\.viivo" android:mimeType="application/octet-stream" />

octet-stream means that this is an unknown file format.

the source for all that is:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...stom-file-type

So, developers. I have made parts of your work now (hopefully). Please change to code or give us a solution!

Thanks
    Last edited by mrtemp; 05-18-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Viivo Support
    Matt,

For another test, can you download a *.viivo file to the device, then try opening it via "Downloads"?

- Can you decrypt / open the file here?

- If so, does it retain the association if you try to open the file again?
    Last edited by Joe.Nagel; 05-18-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks Joe.Nagel for your help.

I have done what you told me.
    When I download a *.viivo file and open it with "Downloads" then

1.) I can decrypt and open the file

2.) And it retains the association if I want to open it again via "Downloads"

3.) But it doesn't retain the association for all the other apps and ways to open a *.viivo file (f.e. via the Android included file browser named "eigene Dateien" in German, something like my own files..)

So what are the nexts steps?

Thanks!!!

Viivo Support
    Matt,

On your point #3, could you please clarify the following:

Are you saying that Viivo decrypts the file, and you always have to choose the application needed to open the decrypted file?

Or, are you saying that Viivo decrypts the file, but you are unable to choose the proper app to open the file?

Also, can you tell us the type of file (including the file extension) you are trying to decrypt / open in this process?

Hello Joe,

Viivo decrypts the file. Yes.

But what I meant is that I have to choose all the time the "VIIVO TO DECRYPT" application to open a *.viivo file (in its encrypted version). So the problem is not to choose an application after decryption. The problem is that ANDROID can't retain the app "VIIVO TO DECRYPT" as its default application for opening a *.viivo file.

The retaining just works for *.viivo files which I have downloaded from the internet and which I want to open again via "Download" (as you asked before). In any other ways ANDROID loses the association. That effects plenty of other trouble cause I do never load a *.viivo file down by the internet before I want to open/decrypt it. I will use my Cloud Client or want to open encrypted files which are saved on my PHONE.

I had used Cloudfogger before for years. Everything works perfect. But now I look for a valid alternative and VIIVO seams to be the best one. Hope we can fix it.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by mrtemp; 05-19-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Viivo Support
    Understood. The download tests were requested to help define the boundaries of the issue you are experiencing.

We appreciate all of your feedback on this issue, and we are sending this information along to our developers for their analysis.

Propably a little help:

From a friendly developer I get this information: He told me that there might be 2 faults in your MANIFEST.XML .

1.) In the following: ANDROID don't except more than 4 Pattern for Pathes:

<data androidathPattern=".*\\.viivo"/>
    <data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\.viivo"/>
    <data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>
    <data androidathPattern=".*\\..*\\..*\\..*\\.viivo"/>

Propably the last one overwrite the first ones..

(source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...62757#35162757
    )

2.) the Manifests needs
    <data android:scheme="content" androidathPattern=".*\\.viivo" android:mimeType="application/octet-stream" />

Hope we have a solution nearby.
    Thanks
    Last edited by mrtemp; 05-19-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Ok. Thanks. Happy to get news from you.